Clearing of Salmon Futures
Nasdaq offers clearing of salmon derivatives traded on the seafood exchange Fish Pool ASA. Futures trading data from Fish Pool ASA is transferred automatically to Nasdaq where matching trades are cleared.
The salmon derivatives are settled against the Fish Pool Index™ for fresh Superior Atlantic Salmon, head on gutted.
To access trading, go to Fish Pool ASA.
The Fish Pool Index™ and NQSALMON index
The Fish Pool Index™ is the underlying index for all Salmon Futures traded at Fish Pool ASA and cleared at Nasdaq Commodities. The Nasdaq index NQSALMON weights 95 % of the Fish Pool Index™ and the remaining 5 % is derived from Norwegian fish export statistics.
NQSALMON is a BMR compliant index that measures the weekly spot price of salmon, in nine different weight classes. NQSALMON is based on input data composed of average price and volume from actual, invoiced physical transactions.
More information about the NQSALMON index ->
Find all specifications for salmon futures clearing in the Clearing Rules, Appendix 2A – Contract Specifications.Download
Market Activity and News
See Today's trading data and history, and find news and messages by European Commodities.Market Activity and News
Clearing Salmon Futures at Nasdaq
Removes counterparty credit risk
CCP Clearing removes any counterparty credit risk.
Close integration with Fish Pool ASA
Salmon futures trading data is automatically transferred to Nasdaq for clearing.
Automated clearing & settlement
Upon successful matching, all trades are cleared and settled automatically.
Holiday Calendar Download Holiday Calendar
Appendix 2 A - Contract Specifications Download Appendix 2 A - Contract Specifications
Joint Appendix 3 - Trading and Clearing Schedule (joint Clearing and Trading Rules) Download Joint Appendix 3 - Trading and Clearing Schedule (joint Clearing and Trading Rules)
Vendor Codes, German and Nordic Power (XLS) Download Vendor Codes, German and Nordic Power (XLS)
Genium INET Market Model - Commodities - version 5.1 Download Genium INET Market Model - Commodities - version 5.1