Nasdaq Nordic Foundation was founded in 2005 to support the financial markets through scientific research. The Foundation's mission is to promote scientific research and other initiatives related to the financial markets in Finland, Denmark and Sweden, with the goal of increasing competence and competitiveness for the financial markets within these countries.
The application period for Nasdaq Nordic Foundation's Grant Program 2022 is now closed.
More information about the next application period will be announced in Q1 2023.
Nasdaq Nordic Foundation has a Board of Directors that are responsible for the administration of the Foundation in accordance with its objective. The Nasdaq Nordic Foundation Board has seven members appointed by the Board of Directors of the holding company Nasdaq Nordic Ltd. Three of these directors shall have extensive academic experience within the field of financial markets.
- Jimmy Kvarnström, Chairman, is the Deputy General Counsel Europe, as well as Head of European Surveillance and Legal/Regulatory teams.
- Fredrik Ekström is President of Nasdaq Stockholm and Senior Vice President European Fixed Income and ESG.
- Henrik Husman is the President of Nasdaq Helsinki and Vice President Cash Equities Products.
- Vesa Puttonen is the Professor of Finance at Aalto University School of Business.
- Jonas Niemeyer is a senior adviser at the Financial Stability Department at Sveriges Riksbank.
- Nikolaj Kosakewitsch is the President of Nasdaq Copenhagen and Vice President European Equity and Derivatives Sales.
- Jesper Lau Hansen worked as lawyer in Copenhagen until he left for academia. In 2003, he was appointed as a Professor of Financial Market Law and is currently serving as the head of the research centre FOCOFIMA at the University of Copenhagen.
Essays on the Effects of Past Gains on Subsequent Risk-Taking and Stock Returns Download Essays on the Effects of Past Gains on Subsequent Risk-Taking and Stock Returns
Long-term Discount Rates Do Not Vary Across Firms Download Long-term Discount Rates Do Not Vary Across Firms
Seasonal Reversals in Expected Stock Returns Download Seasonal Reversals in Expected Stock Returns
Why Does Portfolio Choice Correlate Across Generations? Download Why Does Portfolio Choice Correlate Across Generations?
Stock Price Co-Movement and the Foundations of Pairs Trading Download Stock Price Co-Movement and the Foundations of Pairs Trading
The Private Use of Credit Ratings: Evidence from Investment Mandates Download The Private Use of Credit Ratings: Evidence from Investment Mandates
Reputations and Credit Ratings: Evidence from Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities Download Reputations and Credit Ratings: Evidence from Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities
Liability Structure and Risk-Taking: Evidence from the Money Market Fund Industry Download Liability Structure and Risk-Taking: Evidence from the Money Market Fund Industry
Empirical Evidence on the Consequences of Voluntary Disclosure on Competition Download Empirical Evidence on the Consequences of Voluntary Disclosure on Competition
How Sovereign is Sovereign Credit Risk? Global Prices, Local Quantities Download How Sovereign is Sovereign Credit Risk? Global Prices, Local Quantities
Nasdaq Stockholm AB, Nasdaq Copenhagen A/S and Nasdaq Helsinki Oy are operating marketplaces in Sweden, Denmark and Finland. Admitted companies and members must comply with the rules adopted by the Nasdaq Exchanges. A Disciplinary Committee may resolve to fine the member or admitted company in case of a breach by the member or admitted company of the Exchange rules. The paid fine is transferred to the Nasdaq Nordic Foundation for the promotion of the Foundation’s objectives.