As of today's market close, here are the top 10 names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
Vishay Intertechnology (VSH): Option volume 2,510 percent above average. More than 3,000 January 12.50 calls were purchased, mostly for $0.70 to $0.90, as investors positioned for upside. VSH rose 7.59 percent to $10.63.
Dominion Resources (D): Option volume 2,116 percent above average. About 14,000 September 45 puts were bought for $0.85 to $0.90. D rose 1.76 percent to $49.10.
Goodrich Petroleum (GDP): Option volume 1,829 percent above average. More than 4,400 contracts traded each in the January 17.50 puts and the January 20 calls as a bearish collar strategy was apparently closed. GDP rose 7.49 percent to $14.93.
Entergy (ETR): Option volume 1,384 percent above average. More than 6,000 September 60 puts were bought for $1.05 to $1.15, and about 3,400 September 55 puts were sold for $0.35 to $0.45. ETR rose 1.18 percent to $62.36.
ProShares UltraShort Gold ETF (GLL): Option volume 1,310 percent above average. About 4,500 October 16 calls were sold, mostly for $1.30 to $1.40. GLL rose 7.77 percent to $15.95.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- JB Hunt Transport Services (JBHT): Option volume 1,163 percent above average.
- PharMerica (PMC): Option volume 1,161 percent above average.
- Thompson Creek Metals (TC): Option volume 1,081 percent above average.
- KB Home (KBH): Option volume 967 percent above average.
- Logitech International (LOGI): Option volume 960 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.