Nearing the halfway mark in today's session, here are the top 10 names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
Vishay Intertechnology (VSH): Option volume 1,892 percent above average. More than 3,000 January 12.50 calls were purchased, mostly for $0.70 to $0.90, as investors positioned for upside. VSH rose 3.49 percent to $10.23.
Goodrich Petroleum (GDP): Option volume 1,683 percent above average. More than 4,400 contracts traded each in the January 17.50 puts and the January 20 calls as a bearish collar strategy was apparently closed. GDP rose 0.06 percent to $13.90.
Federated Investors (FII): Option volume 797 percent above average. A short position in the October 22.50 calls was rolled to the April 20 strike. FII rose 0.70 percent to $16.40.
Principal Financial (PFG): Option volume 559 percent above average. Traders sold the January 19 puts and the September 25 puts. PFG rose 1.54 percent to $22.41.
Logitech (LOGI): Option volume 558 percent above average. About 1,500 October 10 puts were sold for $1.45, but volume was below open interest. LOGI rose 3.28 percent to $9.77.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Sensata Technologies (ST): Option volume 507 percent above average.
- Autonation (AN): Option volume 479 percent above average.
- Toll Brothers (TOL): Option volume 471 percent above average.
- ProShares UltraShort Gold (GLL): Option volume 459 percent above average.
- Amphenol (APH): Option volume 452 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.