Tune in every Thursday morning at 10:30 a.m. ET to Nasdaq Advisory Live, brought to you by Nasdaq Corporate Solutions, for a recap of the week's market and trading activity, corporate earnings and an overview of what to expect in the week to come.
Massud Ghaussy, an IR Advisory Specialist with Nasdaq Corporate Solutions, joined us this week.
Watch the recap below or from the Nasdaq Facebook page >
- The January jobs report came in above expectations at 227,000.
- Regarding worker’s wages, average hourly earnings rose a tepid 0.1%, below the 0.3% expected.
- National Federation of Independent Business reported job openings at levels not seen since April 2006.
- MSCI’s Emerging Markets index is up ~7% this year through Monday.
- Q4 earnings are expected +8.0% from Q4 2015.
- The forward four-quarter (1Q17 – 4Q17) P/E ratio for the S&P 500 is 17.3x, which is above the long-term average of 14.8x.
- For the week ahead: Investors are digesting earnings and upcoming 13F filings, which will be released on February 15 for Q416; Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen will provide remarks on the state of the U.S. economy and monetary policy to the Senate Banking Committee on February 14 and the House Financial Services Committee on February 15.
ABOUT NASDAQ CORPORATE SOLUTIONS
INVESTOR RELATIONS I PUBLIC RELATIONS I COMMUNICATIONS I BOARD MANAGEMENT
Nasdaq Corporate Solutions helps organizations manage and master the two-way flow of information with their audiences. Around the globe, market leaders rely upon our unmatched suite of advanced technology, analytics and consultative services to maximize the value of their work—from investor relations and corporate governance to public relations and communications.
Nasdaq Corporate Solutions - Advisory Services
Nasdaq Advisory Services can partner with you to advise on and help facilitate your IR program. The Advisory Services group offers an objective analysis of the investment community tailored specifically to a company’s IR program. With collective insight into the markets, we are well positioned to interpret special situations such as changing interest rates and their impact on your capital structure.
Nasdaq IR Insight + Nasdaq Advisory Services
Access activist data, targeting recommendations and prioritization data and more from advisory specialists via Nasdaq IR Insight.
Follow us on Twitter: @MyCorpSolutions
Follow us on LinkedIn: Nasdaq Corporate Solutions
This communication and the content found by following any link herein are being provided to you by Nasdaq Corporate Solutions, a business of Nasdaq, Inc. and certain of its subsidiaries (collectively, “Nasdaq”), for informational purposes only. Nasdaq makes no representation or warranty with respect to this communication or such content and expressly disclaims any implied warranty under law. Nasdaq, the Nasdaq logo, and Nasdaq Corporate Solutions are registered and unregistered trademarks, or service marks, of Nasdaq, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries. ©Nasdaq, Inc. 2017. All rights reserved.
Comments or opinions expressed on the blog are those of their respective contributors only. The views expressed on this blog do not necessarily represent the views of Nasdaq, Inc. or any of its affiliates, or its or their management or employees (collectively, “Nasdaq”). Nasdaq is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for the content contributed by contributors to the blog.
This broadcast is prepared by Nasdaq Corporate Solutions (“Corporate Solutions”), a subsidiary of Nasdaq, Inc. At the time of broadcasting, the information herein was believed to be accurate, however, such information is subject to change without notice and Corporate Solutions makes no representation or warranty as to the correctness or completeness of the information set forth herein. Nothing herein shall constitute a recommendation, solicitation or offer by Corporate Solutions for the purchase or sale of any investment product, nor shall this material be construed in any way as investment, legal, or tax advice or as a recommendation, reference or endorsement by Corporate Solutions or its affiliates.