Dubai Free Zone Becomes First UAE Government Entity to Accept Bitcoin
Cryptocurrencies are now accepted as a form of payment at the KIKLABB free trade zone in Mina Rashid, Dubai.
- With the news, KIKLABB has become the first United Arab Emirates government-owned entity to accept crypto payments, according to a Gulf News report Tuesday.
- The free zone is allowing customers to pay for Dubai trade licenses and visas with bitcoin, ether and the tether stablecoin.
- “KIKLABB is collaborating with international partners for payment processing of cryptocurrency transactions, guaranteeing all regulations are adhered to as a government-owned entity,” KIKLABB CEO Tasawar Ulhaq told the publication.
- How to Bring Off-Chain Assets to DeFi
- Blockchain Bites: Why Buy an NFT?
- Ethereum’s Favorite Lossless Lottery Will Airdrop Its POOL Token Today
- Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan, UBS Are Trading an ETP Tied to Polkadot’s Crypto
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.