Executive Vice President, Head of North American Markets
Tal Cohen is Executive Vice President and Head of North American Markets at Nasdaq. In this capacity, he is responsible for client relations and driving growth across cash equities, derivatives, commodities and trade management services across Nasdaq’s U.S. and Canadian businesses.
Prior to joining Nasdaq in April 2016 as the Senior Vice President of North American Equities, Tal was the Chief Executive Officer of Chi‐X Global Holdings, LLC from 2010 to 2016. From 2008 to 2010, he served as CEO of Chi‐X Americas.
Prior to joining Chi-X, Tal held several senior leadership roles at INSTINET, including Senior Vice President of Business Development and Product Strategy, and Co‐head of electronic trading for North America, from 1999-2008. Before joining Instinet, he served as M&A Manager at American Express; building out its strategic investment portfolio. Tal started his career at Arthur Andersen as an Auditor and Senior Business Advisor focused on the Financial Services and Telecom industries.
From 2009-2016, Tal served as a Director on the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC) Board. He additionally served as a Director on the Canadian Depository for Securities (CDS) Board from 2013-2016.
Tal holds a B.A. from SUNY Albany, an M.B.A. from New York University’s Stern School of Business, and is a Certified Public Accountant. He also holds FINRA Series 24, 7 and 63 licenses, the CSI Partners, Directors, and Senior Officers Designation (PDO).
Explore Tal's Latest Insights:
- Coronavirus ‘Will Have a Long-Lasting Impact’ on the Markets and Society: Nasdaq EVP - Yahoo Finance
- VIDEO: Oil's Been on a Wild Ride - That'll Keep Going - Barron's
- VIDEO: Nasdaq Says Tech Companies Will Soar This Earnings Season - Barron's
- Nasdaq's Tal Cohen on Managing Unprecedented Market Conditions
- U.S. Rebuffs Calls to Close Stock Market - Wall Street Journal
- VIDEO: Investors Encouraged by 'Government Actions' Amid Coronavirus, Says Nasdaq Exec - Cheddar
- VIDEO: Nasdaq Executive Vice President on Coronavirus, Market Volatility, Temporary NYSE Closure - Cheddar
- Some Asset Managers Argue Markets Should Close, NYSE Urged to Close Trading Floor - Wall Street Journal
- U.S. Plans to Keep Markets Open, Considering Shorter Hours - Bloomberg
- Stock market leaders unite against calls to stop trading, saying it would only compound anxiety- CNBC
- VIDEO: These are unprecedented levels of activity': Nasdaq Executive Vice President - Yahoo Finance
- VIDEO: Still pockets of IPO activity: Nasdaq’s Tal Cohen- CNBC Power Lunch
Trade Global Markets
Nasdaq operates the largest financial markets in the world and our technology powers more than 100 marketplaces around the globe.