Our mission is to empower investors. We provide data, research, and tools that enable investors to manage portfolios based on unbiased, unemotional, objective data. As a provider of technical analysis research for over 30 years, our tools and strategies have guided clients through multiple bull and bear markets. Technology has enabled great improvements during that time, but our greatest asset is experience.
Service is a way of life at Nasdaq Dorsey Wright. We have tremendous client loyalty because our highest calling is to educate, empower, and support our clients in every way possible.
Our clients dare to stand out from the rest — and benefit from the differentiation that comes from having a clear and effective investment strategy based on time-tested principles. They understand that investors will ultimately demand that they add value to earn their business in the long run.
Nasdaq Dorsey Wright methodologies and research tools are very transparent. Our investment guidance, whether applied to countries, sectors, or individual securities, is objective and highly rules-based. Investors intuitively understand concepts such as Relative Strength, so advisors are well-positioned to talk to them about management of their portfolio. Nasdaq Dorsey Wright gives advisors a meaningful point of differentiation, and their clients value them for it.
Our Research Methodology: Simple Economics
Simply stated, Nasdaq Dorsey Wright focuses on the “price” of a security, because it is the ultimate determinant of supply and demand in the marketplace. When you cut through all the red tape on Wall Street, what moves equity prices is supply and demand. It is nothing more than ECONOMICS 101. We know why produce rotates in and out of the market each season; we don't buy summer squash in the winter or winter squash in the summer. The same forces that move prices in the supermarket move the stock market. When all is said and done, if there are more buyers than sellers willing to sell, the price will move higher. If there are more sellers than buyers willing to buy, the price will move lower. Analyzing the price action of a security can yield important information as to what is winning the battle for that security — supply or demand.
The Point & Figure methodology is a logical, organized way of recording the forces of supply and demand. Nasdaq Dorsey Wright has taken this time-tested approach and given it new life by applying technology. Relative Strength — analyzing the performance of investment options against one another — is a valuable offshoot of Point & Figure.
Download our Point & Figure white paper here.
Nasdaq Dorsey Wright History & Accomplishments
Over the last thirty years, our research platform, SMA/UMA strategies, indexes, and team of analysts has created more informed, conversations for advisors, investment managers and their clients. We are now one of the largest providers of smart beta indexes with nearly 456.8 billion in assets under management tracking Nasdaq smart beta Indexes. Check out a some milestones we've achieved along the way below.
- Tom Dorsey and Watson Wright founded Dorsey, Wright & Associates
- Dorsey Wright Money Management was created, offering an AUM solution leveraging Dorsey Wright’s research methodologies
- Tom Dorsey and Watson Wright were runners-up for Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- DWA offered its first Guided ETF Model for Sector Rotation, commissioned by iShares
- DWA joined with Arrow Funds to launch its first mutual fund, the Arrow DWA Balanced Fund (DWAFX)
- DWA and Powershares launched the first Technical Leaders ETF (PDP) on March 1, 2007 – Lipper named the Arrow DWA Balanced Fund the best in its class for 2007
- DWA and Invesco launched two international ETFs (PIZ and PIE) in December
- DWA, together with Arrow Funds, brought a second mutual fund to market: the Arrow DWA Tactical Fund (DWTFX)
- The Arrow DWA Balanced Fund achieved remarkable status, as its five-year performance placed it in the top 11% of all mutual funds in its category (Asset Allocation Global)
- DWA and Invesco launched a U.S. Small Cap ETF (DWAS) in August
- The Invesco DWA Technical Leaders ETFs crossed $1 billion in AUM
- The Invesco DWA Technical Leaders ETFs crossed $2 billion in AUM
- The DWA Technical Leaders lineup of ETFs grew to include 9 broad sector ETFs and the NASDAQ Momentum Portfolio (DWAQ)
- DWA and First Trust launched the First Trust Focus 5 ETF (FV)
- DWA partnered with Elkhorn Investments and BNP Paribas to bring its first structured product, the DWA Large Cap Sector Rotation Target Volatility 7 Strategy CD
- Nasdaq acquired DWA as part of its Global Information Services division
- DWA partnered with Virtus Investment Advisers to provide the research and models for the Virtus Equity Trend Suite, which includes four mutual funds
- Seven ETFs launched, including the first fixed income ETF tracking a DWA strategy
- DWA celebrated its 30th anniversary year in business
- DWA partnered with First Trust to launch a suite of Momentum Plus ETFs
Research, Tools and Investment Solutions
research platformKey Features
Nasdaq Dorsey Wright Investment Research & Technical Analysis PlatformA complete research solution for advisors.
- Tactical Asset Allocation
- Model Marketplace & Portfolio Construction Tools
- Risk Management
investment productsKey Features
Nasdaq Dorsey Wright - Investment ProductsTurnkey access to Relative Strength strategies driven by our global technical research.
- Separately Managed Accounts
- Intelligent Indexing
sma/uma strategiesKey Features
Nasdaq Dorsey Wright Managed AccountsPortfolio solutions rooted in the law of supply and demand.
- Systematic and Rules-Based
- Different Strategies for Different Investment Objectives
- Widespread Availability