LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Premier global nutrition company, Herbalife Nutrition (NYSE: HLF), proudly announced today that scientific leaders from its staff of more than 300 scientists and Ph.D.s will participate at the Association of Official Analytical Chemists (AOAC) International 2019 Annual Meeting and Exposition in Denver. The conference is expecting approximately 900 industry regulators and academics in analytical chemistry to be in attendance from September 6-12. Members of Herbalife Nutrition’s Quality Control team will chair three scientific sessions, present on a number of topics and give nine poster presentations.
“Our investments in research, technology and education continue to strengthen our voice in the health and wellness industry,” said Mark Schissel, EVP, Worldwide Operations, Herbalife Nutrition. “Our commitment to quality is at the heart of everything we do, and the team is extremely excited to share our innovative research with the food science analytical community.”
Herbalife Nutrition experts will chair the following scientific sessions:
- Quality scientist, Yanjun Zhang, Ph.D., will co-chair a session with scientists from the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) titled “Application of DNA Technologies and Standards in the Authentication of Botanicals for Quality Control of Botanical Dietary Supplements.”
- Quality scientists Quanyin Gao, Ph.D., and Peter Chang will co-chair two sessions titled “Microbial Identification with Genomics and Proteomics in Food and Dietary Supplements” and “NMR Advancement in Quality Control and Compendial Applications.”
Presentations by Herbalife Nutrition Experts will include:
- Quality control analytical scientist, Zhengfei Lu, Ph.D., will give a presentation titled “Industry Experiences on Authentication of Botanical Materials at Different Processing Stages.”
- Microbiology scientist, Christopher Thompson, will give a presentation titled “Microbiological Controls of Raw Material and Finished Product in Food and Dietary Supplement Industry.”
- Quality scientist, Congmei Cao, Ph.D., will give a presentation titled “NMR Advancements—Food and Dietary Supplements' Product Applications.”
Additionally, the Herbalife Nutrition Quality scientists will present nine posters representing scientific works from five Herbalife Nutrition Quality laboratories from around the world, including:
- “A Single Laboratory Validation of a Test Method for the Quantitation of Punicalagins A&B and Ellagic acid in Pomegranate (Punica- granatum) Fruit Rind, Fruit Rind Powder and Fruit Rind Extract by HPLC”
- “Microbiome Profiling of Milk and Whey Proteins by 16S Metagenomics”
- “Rapid and Cost Effective Determination of Choline by UPLC-QDa”
- “A Single Laboratory Validation of the Test Method of Determination of Sodium Hyaluronate in Functional Food”
- “A Single Laboratory Validation of the Test Method for Determination of Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12) in Protein Solid Drink by LC/MS”
- “NMR Advancements—Food and Dietary Supplement Products Applications”
- “A Single Laboratory Validation of a Test Method for the Quantitation of Ochratoxin A (OTA) in Raw Materials and Finished Products by Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) Using DS2”
- “Rapid Quantitation of Total Fat in Sunflower Oil Power Using Time-Domain Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (TD-NMR) Spectroscopy”
- “Integration of DNA-based Molecular Analysis as An Orthogonal Analytical Approach in Industry Botanical Identification”
To receive the latest company updates from Herbalife Nutrition visit Herbalife.com.
About Herbalife Nutrition
Herbalife Nutrition is a global nutrition company whose purpose is to make the world healthier and happier. The Company has been on a mission for nutrition - changing people's lives with great nutrition products and programs - since 1980. Herbalife Nutrition offers high-quality, science-backed products, one-on-one coaching with an Herbalife Nutrition independent distributor, and a supportive community that inspires customers to embrace a healthier, more active lifestyle.
Herbalife Nutrition’s targeted nutrition, weight-management, energy and fitness and personal care products are available through its independent distributors in more than 90 countries.
Herbalife Nutrition supports the Herbalife Nutrition Foundation, a non-profit organization that assists community organizations focused on providing good nutrition. Herbalife Nutrition is also proud to sponsor more than 190 world-class athletes, teams and events around the globe.
Herbalife Nutrition has more than 8,300 employees worldwide. To learn more, visit IAmHerbalife.com.
AOAC INTERNATIONAL is a globally recognized, 501(c)(3), independent, third party, not-for-profit association and voluntary consensus standards developing organization founded in 1884. When analytical needs arise within a community or industry, AOAC INTERNATIONAL is the forum for finding appropriate science-based solutions through the development of microbiological and chemical standards. AOAC standards are used globally to promote trade and to facilitate public health and safety.
AOAC develops analytical methods for a broad spectrum of safety interests including:
- foods and beverages
- dietary supplements
- infant formula
- soil and water
- veterinary drugs
- and more!
AOAC’s extensive membership, volunteer base and industry partners are made up of:
- government agencies
- international organizations
- contract research organizations
- rapid assay developers
- high technology providers
- instrument manufacturers
Herbalife Nutrition Ltd. Jennifer Butler 213.745.0420
Source: Herbalife Nutrition