Zynga Inc. (ZNGA) is the world's largest social game developer. The company's portfolio includes CityVille, FarmVille, FrontierVille, Words With Friends, Mafia Wars, Zynga Poker, Cafe World, and Treasure Isle. Zynga makes games for Facebook FB , MySpace, Yahoo YHOO , the iPad, the iPhone and Android devices.
Currently, Zynga has a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold), but the ranking is subject to change following the release of the company's latest earnings report. Here are 5 key statistics from this just announced report:
1. The company reported an EPS of -$0.02, which beat our Zacks Consensus Estimate of -$0.04.
2. Zynga posted revenues of $176 million, which beat our estimate of $167 million.
3. Monthly active users (MAUs) declined 27 percent for the quarter.
4. Zynga announced that CFO David Lee will be departing the company, effective immediately. The company also announced a $200 million stock buyback program and decided to postpone two upcoming games.
5. ZNGA was up about 2.5% at the closing bell today. In after-hours trading, ZNGA up another 1.22% as of 4:48 p.m. EST.
Here's a graph that looks at Zygna's earnings surprise history:
Check back later for our full analysis on Zygna's third quarter earnings report!
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days . Click to get this free report >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report