Zacks Value Trader Highlights: H&E Equipment Services, Intel, Builders FirstSource, Sony and Phillips 66
For Immediate Release
Chicago, IL – November 8, 2019 – Zacks Value Trader is a podcast hosted weekly by Zacks Stock Strategist Tracey Ryniec. Every week, Tracey will be joined by guests to discuss the hottest investing topics in stocks, bonds and ETFs and how it impacts your life. To listen to the podcast, click here:
5 Top Value Stocks That Are Breaking Out
Welcome to Episode #164 of the Value Investor Podcast.
Every week, Tracey Ryniec, the editor of Zacks Value Investor portfolio, shares some of her top value investing tips and stock picks.
Growth stocks continue to falter in the second half of 2019 but with the major large cap indexes hitting new all-time highs again, something has to be leading it higher.
Value stocks are back in the spotlight again.
A cheap stock that is also at new highs? Sign me up.
But how do you find such rare creatures?
Screening for Value Stocks that are Breaking Out
To get breakouts, the screen must include stocks trading within 10% of their 52-week highs.
But that only gets you part of the story.
Adding the Zacks Ranks of #1 (Strong Buy) and #2 (Buy) should also get companies with rising earnings estimates.
To find value stocks, add the Zacks Style Score for Value of A, which is the top score.
This screen returned 34 companies.
5 Top Value Stocks that are Breaking Out
1. H&E Equipment Services HEES operates in equipment services including rentals. This is an infrastructure play. Shares are up 68.7% and are trading at their 52-week highs. It’s cheap with a forward P/E of just 14.3 and investors get a dividend currently yielding 3.2%.
2. Intel INTC is trading within 8% of its 52-week high and is up 22% on the year. It’s forward P/E is just 12.5.
3. Builders FirstSource, Inc. BLDR is at new 52-week highs, up 109% year-to-date. This building materials company is really cheap with a forward P/E of 12.9 and a Price-to-Sales ratio of 0.4.
4. Sony SNE continues to be one of the few media and gaming companies that is being overlooked by the Street. But maybe they have finally caught on as shares are at the 52-week highs, up 25% year-to-date. It has a P/S ratio of 1.0, which is right on the edge of being a value.
5. Phillips 66 PSX is a surprise on this list because it’s in the energy industry, which has seen tough times in 2019. But this 4th largest refiner in the United States is trading near its 52-week high, up 34% year-to-date. It’s also cheap with a forward P/E of just 14.1 and investors get a dividend yielding 3.1%.
What else should you know about value stocks with momentum?
Tune into this week’s podcast to find out.
5 Stocks Set to Double
Each was hand-picked by a Zacks expert as the #1 favorite stock to gain +100% or more in 2020. Each comes from a different sector and has unique qualities and catalysts that could fuel exceptional growth.
Most of the stocks in this report are flying under Wall Street radar, which provides a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor.
Zacks Investment Research
800-767-3771 ext. 9339
Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Inherent in any investment is the potential for loss. This material is being provided for informational purposes only and nothing herein constitutes investment, legal, accounting or tax advice, or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold a security. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. It should not be assumed that any investments in securities, companies, sectors or markets identified and described were or will be profitable. All information is current as of the date of herein and is subject to change without notice. Any views or opinions expressed may not reflect those of the firm as a whole. Zacks Investment Research does not engage in investment banking, market making or asset management activities of any securities. These returns are from hypothetical portfolios consisting of stocks with Zacks Rank = 1 that were rebalanced monthly with zero transaction costs. These are not the returns of actual portfolios of stocks. The S&P 500 is an unmanaged index. Visit https://www.zacks.com/performance for information about the performance numbers displayed in this press release.
Click to get this free report
Sony Corporation (SNE): Free Stock Analysis Report
Builders FirstSource, Inc. (BLDR): Free Stock Analysis Report
H&E Equipment Services, Inc. (HEES): Free Stock Analysis Report
Phillips 66 (PSX): Free Stock Analysis Report
Intel Corporation (INTC): Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.