Shareholders of LogMeIn Inc (Symbol: LOGM) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1.4% annualized dividend yield can sell the December 2019 covered call at the $105 strike and collect the premium based on the $7.80 bid, which annualizes to an additional 7.2% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost ), for a total of 8.6% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $105 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but LOGM shares would have to advance 20.3% from current levels for that to happen, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 29.3% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.
In general, dividend amounts are not always predictable and tend to follow the ups and downs of profitability at each company. In the case of LogMeIn Inc, looking at the dividend history chart for LOGM below can help in judging whether the most recent dividend is likely to continue, and in turn whether it is a reasonable expectation to expect a 1.4% annualized dividend yield.
Below is a chart showing LOGM's trailing twelve month trading history, with the $105 strike highlighted in red:
The chart above, and the stock's historical volatility, can be a helpful guide in combination with fundamental analysis to judge whether selling the December 2019 covered call at the $105 strike gives good reward for the risk of having given away the upside beyond $105. ( Do most options expire worthless? This and six other common options myths debunked ). We calculate the trailing twelve month volatility for LogMeIn Inc (considering the last 252 trading day closing values as well as today's price of $87.22) to be 40%. For other call options contract ideas at the various different available expirations, visit the LOGM Stock Options page of StockOptionsChannel.com.