Shareholders of Comfort Systems USA, Inc. (Symbol: FIX) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 1.5% annualized dividend yield can sell the April 2015 covered call at the $17.50 strike and collect the premium based on the 50 cents bid, which annualizes to an additional 5% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost ), for a total of 6.5% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $17.50 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but FIX shares would have to advance 15.7% from current levels for that to occur, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 19% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.
In general, dividend amounts are not always predictable and tend to follow the ups and downs of profitability at each company. In the case of Comfort Systems USA, Inc., looking at the dividend history chart for FIX below can help in judging whether the most recent dividend is likely to continue, and in turn whether it is a reasonable expectation to expect a 1.5% annualized dividend yield.
Latest Markets Videos
- The $12 Trillion "Once-in-a-Lifetime" Market Opportunity Investors Won't Want to Miss
- J.P. Morgan Says These 3 Stocks Could Surge Over 100% From Current Levels
- Forget Tesla's Battery Day, These EV Stories Are More Important
- ChargePoint, Switchback Energy Acquisition Enter Business Combination Agreement