World Markets

Yankees in talks with Amazon, Sinclair to bid for Yes Network

Reuters

Dec 28 () - The New York Yankees are in talks with Amazon.com Inc and Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc about a joint bid for the team's regional sports network, Yes, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, citing people familiar with the matter.

The baseball team, which owns 20 percent of Yes, has also been talking to other potential partners, including cable and satellite TV provider Altice USA and RedBird Capital, about buying the remaining 80 percent stake from Walt Disney Co, the said (graphic).

Disney is seeking a valuation of $5 billion to $6 billion for Yes Network, according to the report, adding that the talks are still in early stages and a partnership with either Amazon or Sinclair isn't guaranteed.

Sinclair and Yankees were not immediately available for comment, while Amazon declined to comment.


The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.

In This Story

AMZN

Other Topics

Stocks Technology

Reuters

Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world’s largest international multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion people every day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national, and international news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations, and directly to consumers at Reuters.com and via Reuters TV.

Learn More