Xcel Energy Inc. ( XEL ) will begin trading ex-dividend on December 22, 2015. A cash dividend payment of $0.32 per share is scheduled to be paid on January 20, 2016. Shareholders who purchased XEL prior to the ex-dividend date are eligible for the cash dividend payment. This marks the 4th quarter that XEL has paid the same dividend. At the current stock price of $35.6, the dividend yield is 3.6%.
The previous trading day's last sale of XEL was $35.6, representing a -7.16% decrease from the 52 week high of $38.35 and a 12.09% increase over the 52 week low of $31.76.
XEL is a part of the Public Utilities sector, which includes companies such as Duke Energy Corporation ( DUK ) and Exelon Corporation ( EXCU ). XEL's current earnings per share, an indicator of a company's profitability, is $1.92. Zacks Investment Research reports XEL's forecasted earnings growth in 2015 as 3.5%, compared to an industry average of 1.8%.
Interested in gaining exposure to XEL through an Exchange Traded Fund [ETF]?
The following ETF(s) have XEL as a top-10 holding:
- PowerShares DWA Utilities Momentum Portfolio ( PUI )
- PowerShares LadderRite 0-5 Year Corporate Bond Portfolio ( LDRI )
- iShares Morningstar Mid-Cap Value ETF ( JKI )
- PowerShares Russell Midcap Pure Value Portfolio ( PXMV ).
The top-performing ETF of this group is PUI with an increase of 2.37% over the last 100 days. It also has the highest percent weighting of XEL at 3.52%.
- The $12 Trillion "Once-in-a-Lifetime" Market Opportunity Investors Won't Want to Miss
- J.P. Morgan Says These 3 Stocks Could Surge Over 100% From Current Levels
- Forget Tesla's Battery Day, These EV Stories Are More Important
- ChargePoint, Switchback Energy Acquisition Enter Business Combination Agreement