Guess experienced lackluster performance in all its important regions of operation over the last few years till 2015. Though the company's lukewarm performance continued over to 2015, it is important to note that Guess' recovery seems to have been set in motion. Guess' management realized that it needed to take some drastic measures to turn over its performance and towards that end, in Q2 FY2016 Guess appointed Victor Herrero (the executive responsible for building a $4 billion business for Inditex in Asia) as its Chief Executive Officer. For the first time in its history, the company appointed someone outside the Marciano family in this position. Herrero, who was crucial in bringing about major disruptions in the fast fashion industry, had developed a five-pronged strategy to revive the ailing retailer. One of the important focuses for Guess in the coming years would be its Asia business.
Have more questions about Guess? See the link below.
- What Is Guess's Revenue And EBITDA Breakdown?
- How Has Guess's Revenue And EBITDA Composition Changed Over 2012-2016E?
- Guess Q4 FY2016 Pre-Earnings Report
- What Led To Guess' Revenue And EBITDA Decline Over The Last Five Years?
- Guess: Fiscal Year 2016 In Review
- How Did Guess's Stock Perform Vis-A-Vis Its Peers Over The Last 5 Years ?
1) The purpose of these analyses is to help readers focus on a few important things. We hope such lean communication sparks thinking, and encourages readers to comment and ask questions on the comment section, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Figures mentioned are approximate values to help our readers remember the key concepts more intuitively. For precise figures, please refer to our complete analysis for Guess
See More at Trefis |View Interactive Institutional Research(Powered by Trefis)
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.