Earnings season is picking up steam fast as over 1,400 companies are expected to report earnings this week, including a large chunk of the S&P 500.
Who has time to look through them all to see which have the best track records?
Tracey went through them so you don't have to and picked out only the best.
It's not easy to beat the consensus every quarter for years. These 5 companies have either beat or have missed just once during that time. That's impressive.
Perfect records are rare. There are only a few dozen companies who are doing that quarter after quarter. But even just one miss is unusual.
These are some of the top earnings charts this busy earnings week. Will they do it again?
5 Stocks with Spectacular Earnings Charts
1. Merck MRK has missed just once in 5 years, all the way back in 2014. Drug stocks have been out of favor but is that about to change?
2. Mastercard MA has one of the best charts on the street. Just one blemish back in 2014. Enjoy it.
3. Allstate ALL may not be on everyone's radar, but it has missed just once in 5 years. Shares are trading near highs going into the number.
4. Planet Fitness PLNT hasn't missed since its IPO in 2015. Health, fitness and wellness are all "in" now. Will we see it in the earnings report?
5. Lannett LCI hasn't missed in the last 5 years. Impressive. But shares have been weak due to the worries over drug pricing in the entire industry.
Want to Learn How to Trade Options?
If you want more guidance on the options trades this earnings season, Dave Bartosiak takes you through the trades on Zacks Live Trader .
Amazon reported last week.
Did Dave get the option trade right?
Join him for all of the options trading action this earnings season. Don't miss a single trade.
[In full disclosure, Tracey owns shares AMZN in her personal portfolio.]
Zacks' Hidden Trades
While we share many recommendations and ideas with the public, certain moves are hidden from everyone but selected members of our portfolio services. Would you like to peek behind the curtain today and view them?
Starting now, for the next month, I invite you to follow all Zacks' private buys and sells in real time from value to momentum...from stocks under $10 to ETF to option movers...from insider trades to companies that are about to report positive earnings surprises (we've called them with 80%+ accuracy). You can even look inside portfolios so exclusive that they are normally closed to new investors.