In this webinar we discussed the current state of the cryptocurrency market with Bitcoin taking a back seat for once to various other crypto-coins including Ripple (XRP), Ethereum (ETH) and Litecoin (LTC). Investors, who had bought altcoins over the last couple of weeks, suddenly dumped their holdings as valuations became seemingly unjustifiable.
Other cryptocurrency topics covered included -
- Companies who had registered to set up Bitcoin ETFs suddenly began pulling their applications as talk swirled that the SEC wanted to see the futures market mature further.
- Ethereum continued to rally higher, even during the market sell-off, and is positioning itself to take over from Bitcoin as the market dominant cryptocurrency.
- Prices from various South Korean exchanges were taken out of various market metrics, causing the overall market capitalization to fall sharply at the start of the week.
- Ripple became the second-most valuable coin last week but its valuation has now halved from its high and may have further to fall as sellers control the market.
If you missed this webinar and would like to know about future events, see the full DailyFX webinar schedule here.
If you are interested in trading Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ethereum (ETH), Ripple (XRP) or Litecoin (LTC) we can offer you a wide range of free resources to help you. We have an Introduction to Bitcoin Trading Guide along with a Free Practice Account . In addition we run a Weekly Bitcoin Webinar and have an IG Bitcoin Sentiment Indicator to help you gauge the market and make more informed decisions.
--- Written by Nick Cawley , Analyst
To contact Nick , email him at email@example.com
Follow Nick on Twitter @ nickcawley1
DailyFX provides forex news and technical analysis on the trends that influence the global currency markets.
Learn forex trading with a free practice account and trading charts from IG .
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
Latest Markets Videos
- Stimulus Update: MIllions Will Get a Stimulus Check in June. Are You One of Them?
- Is the Stock Market Open on Independence Day 2022?
- Social Security Checks Could Soar in 2023: Here's How Much Extra Seniors Might Receive
- Used Car Prices Are Starting to Drop From All-Time Highs. Is the Worst Behind Us?