Verizon Communications Inc. ( VZ ) has announced an ex-dividend date of January 08, 2013 and a cash dividend payment of $0.515 per share scheduled for February 01, 2013. Shareholders who purchased VZ stock prior to the ex-dividend date are eligible for the cash dividend payment. This represents an 3% increase over the same period a year ago.
The previous trading day's last sale of VZ was $44.06, representing a -9.66% decrease from the 52 week high of $48.77 and a 19.73% increase over the 52 week low of $36.80.
VZ is a part of the Public Utilities sector, which includes companies such as China Mobile (Hong Kong) Ltd. ( CHL ) and AT&T Inc. ( T ). VZ's current earnings per share, an indicator of a company's profitability, is $1.08. Zacks Investment Research reports VZ's forecasted earnings growth in 2012 as 13.86%, compared to an industry average of .3%.
For more information on the declaration, record and payment dates, visit the VZ Dividend History page.
Interested in gaining exposure to VZ through an Exchange Traded Fund [ETF]?
The following ETF(s) have VZ as a top-10 holding:
- iShares High Dividend Equity Fund ( HDV )
- Select Sector SPDR Fund - Technology ( XLK )
- WisdomTree High-Yielding Equity Fund ( DHS )
- iShares Dow Jones U.S. Telecommunications Index Fund ( IYZ )
- iShares S&P Global Telecommunications Index Fund ( IXP ).
The top-performing ETF of this group is IYZ with an increase of 3.13% over the last 100 days. HDV has the highest percent weighting of VZ at 6.19%.
- The $12 Trillion "Once-in-a-Lifetime" Market Opportunity Investors Won't Want to Miss
- J.P. Morgan Says These 3 Stocks Could Surge Over 100% From Current Levels
- Forget Tesla's Battery Day, These EV Stories Are More Important
- ChargePoint, Switchback Energy Acquisition Enter Business Combination Agreement