S&P index up 0.31%. Nasdaq up 0.32%
A snapshot of the US stock markets show that the major indices are higher in early trading
- S&P index is up 0.31% or seven points
- NASDAQ composite index is up 0.32% or 17.5 points
- Dow industrial average is up 0.3% or 60.3 points to 19852.83. Dow 20K remains elusive although it got within about 40 points yesterday
In the US debt market today:
- 2-year notes are currently trading at 1.259%, down one basis point
- 5-year notes are currently trading at 2.063%, +1.5 basis points
- 10 year notes are trading at 2.567%, unchanged
- 30 year bonds are trading at 3.149%,, -3 basis points
Spot gold is down $12.50 or -1.09%
WTI crude oil futures are trading at $50.35 down 1.35%
European stock markets are trading higher with the Italian FTSE MIB up 0.77%. The UK FTSE is up 0.11%. The other major indices are in between those high/low extremes.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.