First day with a move greater than 1% since July 8th.
The stock market woke up with a change of greater than 1% for the first time since July 8th. Unfortunately for the longs, the move was to the downside. And down the major indices went. Each of the major indices ended the day at the lows for the day.
On the day:
- S&P is trading down -53.31 points or -2.44% to 2127.91. The low for the day extended at 2131.60
- Nasdaq is down -133.58 points or -2.54%. The low for the day extended to 5125.906
- Dow is down -392.23 points or -2.13%. The low for the day extended to 18086.68
For the week, each of the indices ended down.
- S&P is down -1.96%
- NASDAQ is down -1.87%
- Dow is down -1.74%
Below is the summary of the week changes for the major global indices for the day and or the week.
- WTI crude up 2.68%, gasoline down -3.24%
- Gold increased by 0.26% on the week while silver fell by 2.04%
- Agricultural commodities were mostly higher with corn leading the way +9.45%. Sugar bucked the trend as it fell below -0.35%.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.