S&P index down -0.69%
the major US stock indices are ending the day lower with the S&P 500 index down -0.69%. The NASDAQ composite index has shed -0.82% while the Dow industrial average is down -0.61%.
Although lower, the S&P is off its lows by about eight points. The low in the S&P came in at 2080.86 and is closing at 2088.50. The high extended to 2095.05. For the NASDAQ composite index rallied off the lows by 25 points. The low extended 4797.29 and is closing at 4822.90. The high reached 4839.12.
In the US bond market today yields were lower, with the 10 year yield trading at the lowest level on record.
- 2-year note 0.5556%, -3 basis points
- 5-year note 0.9416%, - 5 basis points
- 10-year note 1.3767% -7 basis points (new record low)
- 30 year bond, 2.1545%, -7 basis points also a new low in yield
In other markets:
- Crude oil fell sharply in trading today with the front WTI contract (August) trading at $46.76, -4.55%. on the day, and
- Gold is trading at $1358 +1.4% on on the day