Augutst 22, 2016. Bond yields lower. Crude oil prices /commodity prices down.
The major US stock indices are closing the day mixed with the S&P nearly unchanged (-0.06%), the Nasdaq up marginally at +0.12% and the Dow Industrial Average down -0.12%.
In the US debt markets, bond yields are lower:
- 2-year note yield 0.7378%, -1 basis point
- 5 year note yield 1.1331%, -3 basis points
- 10 year note yield 1.5390%, -4 basis points
- 30 year bond yield 2.2349%, -5 basis points
In the commodity market:
- The September Crude oil price went out at $47.05. It will be replaced by the October contract tomorrow which is currently trading at $47.38
- Gold is trading at $1338.20
- CRB/Thomson Reuters commodity index is down 1.6985 or -0.9% on the day