Ziopharm Oncology (ZIOP): Option volume 2,465 percent above average. An investor sold the January 5 calls and bought the October 5 calls, apparently rolling a short position. The October 4 puts also traded against open interest. ZIOP rose 0.23 percent to $4.44.
CenterPoint Energy (CNP): Option volume 2,016 percent above average. The November 22.50 calls and November 20 calls traded heavily against existing open interest. CNP rose 4.39 percent to $19.96.
Affymax (AFFY): Option volume 1,687 percent above average. An investor sold the November 5 puts for $0.50 against existing open interest. AFFX rose 1.69 percent to $5.10.
Realty Income (O): Option volume 1,654 percent above average. Positions were opened in the December 30 puts and the December 35 calls. O rose 0.66 percent to $33.58.
NetSuit (N): Option volume 1,534 percent above average. Unusual activity was detected in the November 30 puts, the January 25 calls and the January 30 calls. N fell 2.94 percent to $28.39.
Rounding out the top 10 were:
- Focus Media (FMCN): Option volume 1,164 percent above average.
- BioDelivery Sciences International (BDSI): Option volume 914 percent above average.
- Family Dollar (FDO): Option volume 771 percent above average.
- Coventry Health (CVH): Option volume 745 percent above average.
- Interpublic Group (IPG): Option volume 737 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER )
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.