As of today's market close, here are the top 10 names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
AU Optronics (AUO): Option volume 3,411 percent above average. Some 7,000 January 5 calls were bought for $0.50 against existing open interest. AUO rose 1.72 percent to $4.15.
Annaly Capital Management (NLY): Option volume 3,355 percent above average. Call activity surged as investors looked to reap its quarterly dividend. A similar trade occurred in Kraft Foods (KFT), where option volume was 1,735 percent above average.
Ivanhoe Mines (IVN): Option volume 2,607 percent above average. Investors rolled a long position in the January 25 calls to the March 25 contracts. They also sold about 10,000 January 16 puts for $2.05 and $2.10. Both trades reflect a bullish sentiment. IVN rose 17 percent to $17.08.
United Online (UNTD): Option volume 1,169 percent above average. Investors bought the November 7.50 calls and the November 7.50 puts, looking for volatility to increase. UNTD rose 0.53 percent to $5.65.
Rounding out the top 10 are:
- Dynegy (DYN): Option volume 1,163 percent above average.
- Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM): Option volume 1,115 percent above average.
- Oclaro (OCLR): Option volume 933 percent above average.
- PPL (PPL): Option volume 889 percent above average.
- DMND (DMND): Option volume 884 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER )
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.