As of today's close, here are the top 10 names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's data systems.
McDonald's (MCD): Option volume 6,225 percent above average. Call activity surged as investors looked to reap its quarterly dividend. A similar pattern occurred in Lorillard (LO), where option volume was 2,573 percent above average.
Kemet (KEM): Option volume 2,361 percent above average. Investors sold the March 10 puts for $1.90 and bought the March 12.50 calls for $1.90, positioning for upside. KEM rose 7.81 percent to $9.53.
Venoco (VQ): Option volume 2,190 percent above average. Investors bought and sold calls after the stock popped on a takeover offer. VQ rose 31 percent to $11.76.
CNO Financial (CNO): Option volume 1,243 percent above average. The September 7 puts were sold for $0.60 and the September 7 calls were bought for $0.15, although volume was below open interest in both strikes. CNO rose 7.65 percent to $6.47.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Host Hotels & Resorts (HST): Option volume 1,236 percent above average.
- AuRico Gold (AUQ): Option volume 1,195 percent above average.
- Northgate Minerals (NXG): Option volume 1,093 percent above average.
- Diamond Foods (DMND): Option volume 1,020 percent above average.
- Martin Marietta Matterials (MLM): Option volume 925 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Latest Markets Videos
- The $12 Trillion "Once-in-a-Lifetime" Market Opportunity Investors Won't Want to Miss
- J.P. Morgan Says These 3 Stocks Could Surge Over 100% From Current Levels
- Forget Tesla's Battery Day, These EV Stories Are More Important
- ChargePoint, Switchback Energy Acquisition Enter Business Combination Agreement