As of today's market close, here are the top 10 names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
Warner Chilcott (WCRX): Option volume 2,122 percent above average. More than 5,000 October 18 calls were purchased, mostly for $0.80 to $0.85. WCRX rose 3.23 percent to $16.92.
PMC Sierra (PMCS): Option volume 1,592 percent above average. About 4,800 January 7.50 calls were sold for $0.20. PMCS rose 0.52 percent to $5.76.
Life Technologies (LIFE): Option volume 1,461 percent above average. More than 4,000 January 40 puts were bought for $4.60. LIFE rose 3.63 percent to $38.53.
Life Partners (LPHI): Option volume 1,133 percent above average. Investors bought the September 10 puts and the October 10 puts. LPHI fell 1.30 percent to $8.34.
Western Union (WU): Option volume 1,083 percent above average. More than 6,500 November 18 calls were purchased for $0.50. WU fell 0.12 percent to $16.50.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): Option volume 1,073 percent above average.
- Marathon Petroleum (MPC): Option volume 1,021 percent above average.
- Ambev (ABV): Option volume 1,014 percent above average.
- Boyd Gaming (BYD): Option volume 887 percent above average.
- iShares Trust Barclays TIPS Bond Fund (TIP): Option volume 866 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.