As of today's market close, here are the top 10 names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
News (NWS): Option volume 2,912 percent above average. There was heavy selling in the October 15 puts and the October 16 puts, looking for the stock to remain in a range. NWS rose 6.42 percent to $14.91.
CareFusion (CFN): Option volume 2,226 percent above average. More than 6,000 August 23 puts were sold for $0.75. CFN rose 9.97 percent to $24.48.
Meritor (MTOR): Option volume 2,128 percent above average. More than 10,000 February 10 calls were purchased for $1.30 to $1.45. MTOR rose 7.80 percent to $8.84.
Blackstone (BX): Option volume 1,608 percent above average. An investor bought 31,000 January 2013 15 calls for $2 and sold 71,000 January 2013 20 calls for $0.80. Known as a ratio spread, the trade is designed to leverage a rebound to $20. BX fell 7.97 percent to $13.
Harman International (HAR): Option volume 1,577 percent above average. Some 1,600 August 30 calls were bought for $2.42 and an equal number of August 35 calls were sold for $0.72. Known as a vertical call spread, the trade will leverage a rebound to $35 or higher. HAR rose 3.51 percent to $30.04.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Kirby (KEX): Option volume 1,362 percent above average.
- Giant Interactive Group (GA): Option volume 1,200 percent above average.
- AES (AES): Option volume 1,183 percent above average.
- Manitowoc (MTW): Option volume 1,110 percent above average.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): Option volume 998 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Latest Markets Videos
- The $12 Trillion "Once-in-a-Lifetime" Market Opportunity Investors Won't Want to Miss
- J.P. Morgan Says These 3 Stocks Could Surge Over 100% From Current Levels
- Forget Tesla's Battery Day, These EV Stories Are More Important
- ChargePoint, Switchback Energy Acquisition Enter Business Combination Agreement