As of today's market close, here are the top 10 names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
EV Energy Partners (EVEP): Option volume 4,621 percent above average. Call activity surged as investors looked to reap the quarterly dividend.
Oneok (OKE): Option volume 3,854 percent above average. More than 4,000 August 75 calls were purchased for $0.20 as investors positioned for upside. OKE fell 2.35 percent to $69.15.
SPDR Barclays Capital High Yield Bond ETF (JNK): Option volume 1,603 percent above average. Some 15,000 September 38 puts were bought for $0.35 as traders looked for downside.
JNK fell 0.23 percent to $39.59.
DaVita (DVA): Option volume 1,551 percent above average. The October 85 puts were sold and the October 75 puts were bought, apparently from the closing of a bearish ratio spread. DVA fell 1.62 percent to $78.43.
iShares MSCI Italy Index (EWI): Option volume 1,550 percent above average. Investors bought and sold more than 2,000 August 14 calls for $0.85 to $0.95. EWI rose 0.96 percent to $14.77.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Popular (BPOP): Option volume 1,545 percent above average.
- Warner Chilcott (WCRX): Option volume 1,402 percent above average.
- HealthSouth (HLS): Option volume 1,385 percent above average.
- Perrigo (PRGO): Option volume 1,273 percent above average.
- Marathon Petroleum (MRO): Option volume 1,271 percent above average.
( Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.