As of today's market close, here are the top 10 names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
Banco Santander Brasil (BSBR): Option volume 3,043 percent above average. An investor sold 15,000 December 8 puts for $0.30, looking for the stock to hold its ground. BSBR fell 2.04 percent to $9.12.
Timken (TKR): Option volume 2,756 percent above average. More than 6,000 September 45 calls were purchased, mostly for $1.25, as investors positioned for a bounce. TKR fell 2.61 percent to $41.87.
Caci (CACI): Option volume 2,478 percent above average. An investor took profits in the September 60 puts and rolled to the August 55 puts, looking for further downside into earnings. CACI fell 5.99 percent to $52.62.
Steel Dynamics (STLD): Option volume 2,405 percent above average. About 27,000 November 14 puts were sold for $0.60 as traders look for shares to hold their ground. STLD dropped 2.88 percent to $15.17.
Hertz (HTZ): Option volume 1,848 percent above average. Investors bought more than 20,000 September 15 calls in hope of the stock pushing higher. HTZ fell 6.81 percent to $12.99.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK): Option volume 1,847 percent above average.
- MetroPCS (PCS): Option volume 1,730 percent above average.
- New York Community Bancorp (NYB): Option volume 1,472 percent above average.
- Leap Wireless International (BSBR): Option volume 1,248 percent above average.
- Linn Energy (LINE): Option volume 1,153 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.