Universal Corporation ( UVV ) will begin trading ex-dividend on July 06, 2017. A cash dividend payment of $0.54 per share is scheduled to be paid on August 07, 2017. Shareholders who purchased UVV prior to the ex-dividend date are eligible for the cash dividend payment. This marks the 3rd quarter that UVV has paid the same dividend. At the current stock price of $64.3, the dividend yield is 3.36%.
The previous trading day's last sale of UVV was $64.3, representing a -22.86% decrease from the 52 week high of $83.35 and a 22.71% increase over the 52 week low of $52.40.
UVV is a part of the Consumer Services sector, which includes companies such as Philip Morris International Inc ( PM ) and Altria Group ( MO ). UVV's current earnings per share, an indicator of a company's profitability, is $.78.
Interested in gaining exposure to UVV through an Exchange Traded Fund [ETF]?
The following ETF(s) have UVV as a top-10 holding:
- PowerShares S&P SmallCap Consumer Staples Portfolio ( PSCC ).
The top-performing ETF of this group is PSCC with an increase of 0.21% over the last 100 days. It also has the highest percent weighting of UVV at 4.58%.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
- Stimulus Update: MIllions Will Get a Stimulus Check in June. Are You One of Them?
- Is the Stock Market Open on Independence Day 2022?
- Social Security Checks Could Soar in 2023: Here's How Much Extra Seniors Might Receive
- Used Car Prices Are Starting to Drop From All-Time Highs. Is the Worst Behind Us?