UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb. 27
Feb 27 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 8 pointslower at 7,143 on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* CREST NICHOLSON: British housebuilder Crest Nicholson Holdings PlcCRST.L said on Tuesday it named Duncan Cooper finance director, replacingRobert Allen who stepped down from the position in October following a profitwarning.
* LAURA ASHLEY: Laura Ashley Holdings PlcALY.L has dismissed anunsolicited takeover offer from investment firm Flacks Group, saying it wouldsignificantly undervalue the British fashion retailer.
* DIRECT LINE INSURANCE: Britain's largest motor insurer Direct LineInsurance Group PlcDLGD.L said on Tuesday its Chief Financial Officer PennyJames would succeed Paul Geddes as chief executive officer in May.
* GOLD: Gold held steady on Wednesday as the dollar traded near three-weeklows, after U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell reiterated that thecentral bank will be patient in hiking interest rates, while palladium hoverednear the psychological level of $1,550.
* OIL: Oil prices rose on Wednesday after a report of declining crudeinventories in the country and as producer club OPEC seemed to stick to itssupply cuts despite pressure from U.S. President Donald Trump.
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.45 percent down at 7151.12 on Tuesday, asminer Fresnillo slumped after poor results and the sterling rallied on growingsigns of a Brexit delay, though online grocer Ocado soared after confirmingjoint venture talks with Marks & Spencer.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Taylor WimpeyTW.L Full year result Interpersonal finance IPF.L Full year result Nichols NICL.L Full year result Metro bank MTRO.L Full year result Provident Financial PFG.L Full year result Weir GroupWEIR.L Full year result Verona Pharma PlcVRP.L Full year result Oriole Resources PlcORR.L Full year result Walker Crips Group PlcWCW.L Full year result Unite GroupUTG.L Full year result St. James's PlaceSJP.L Full year result Avingtrans PlcAVG.L Half year result Redde PlcREDD.L Half year result Nichols PlcNICL.L Full year result Avanti Communications PlcAVN.L Half year result Capital & Counties PropertiesCAPCC.L Full year result Maistro PlcMAISM.L Full year result Virgin Money Holdings PlcVM.LJ18 Full year result Rio Tinto PlcRIO.L Full year result ITV PlcITV.L Full year result Vesuvius PlcVSVS.L Full year result
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial TimesPRESS/FT
> Other business headlines PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com * For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com (Reporting by Adil Bhat in Bengaluru) ((AdilSubzar.Bhat@thomsonreuters.com; within U.K. +44 020 7542 1810, outsideU.K. +91 80 6749 1719; Reuters Messaging:email@example.com))