UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Feb 26
Feb 26 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 45points lower at 7,139, on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers.
* LAURA ASHLEY: Investment firm Flacks Group said on Monday it was in thepreliminary stages of evaluating a possible deal to buy Laura Ashley HoldingsPlc ALY.L , valuing the British fashion retailer at 20 million pounds ($26.16million).
* ROLLS ROYCE: Britain's government on Monday said it had awarded RollsRoyce RR.L a 235 million-pound ($307 million) contract to maintain nuclearsubmarines.
* OIL: Oil prices slipped on Tuesday, extending losses of more than 3percent during the previous session, after U.S. President Donald Trump called onOPEC to ease its efforts to boost the market.
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.07 percent up at 7183.74 on Monday, asbanks got a boost from comments about a possible Brexit delay, whilehousebuilders were hit by reports the government was worried about Persimmon'shandling of a state house-funding scheme.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
* UK CORPORATE DIARY: Jardine Lloyd Thompson GroupJLT.L Full year result Derwent LondonDLN.L Full year result DevroDVO.L Full year result Fresnillo FRES.L Full year result CrodaCRDA.L Full year result Persimmon PSN.L Full year result Standard Chartered PlcSTAN.L Full year result Surface Transforms PlcSCEU.L Half year result Meggitt PlcMGGT.L Full year result Babcock International Group PlcBAB.L Trading Statement James Fisher and Sons Plc FSJ.L Full year result Drax Group PlcDRX.L Full year result Augean PlcAUG.L Full year result Oriole Resources PlcORR.L Full year result
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial TimesPRESS/FT
> Other business headlines PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit http://topnews.session.rservices.com * For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com (Reporting by Adil Bhat in Bengaluru) ((AdilSubzar.Bhat@thomsonreuters.com; within U.K. +44 020 7542 1810, outsideU.K. +91 80 6749 1719; Reuters Messaging:firstname.lastname@example.org))