UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec 31
(Adds company news items)
Dec 31 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures .FFIc1 were up 0.4 percenton Monday ahead of the cash market open.
* CABOT ENERGY: Oil and gas company Cabot Energy PlcCABC.L warned onMonday that it might not be able to operate as a going concern if it does notraise money from shareholders in January to fund its operations and settle debt,hurt by lower Canadian crude oil revenue and contract prices.
* THOMAS COOK: Egyptian security forces killed 40 suspected militants inthree separate incidents in North Sinai and Giza, the Interior Ministry said onSaturday, a day after the bombing on a Vietnamese tourist bus in Giza killedfour people. Thomas CookTCG.L travel group said it had cancelled day trips toCairo from the Red Sea resort of Hurghada following the attack.
* GOLD: Gold fell on Monday as equities gained on likely progress inSino-U.S. trade standoff, amid bullion prices heading for their first annualdecline since 2015, losing to the dollar mostly on trade worries and risinginterest rates.
* OIL: Oil prices climbed on the last trading day of the year on Monday,mirroring gains in stock markets, but were on track for the first yearly declinein three years amid lingering concerns of a persistent supply glut.
* The UK blue chip index closed 2.3 percent higher on Friday, boosted byinitial relief spilling over from the United States, where stocks sprang backfollowing steep losses as a turbulent 2018 neared its end.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial TimesPRESS/FT
> Other business headlines PRESS/GB (Reporting by Shashwat Awasthi in Bengaluru) ((Shashwat.Awasthi@thomsonreuters.com; within U.S.+1 646 223 3403; outside U.S.+91 80 6749 3403; Reuters Messaging:email@example.com))
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.