(Adds company news items and futures)
Dec 21 - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 13 points lower at6,699,with futures up 0.02 percent ahead of the cash market open on Friday.
* INTERSERVE: InterserveIRV.L said on Friday it agreed to key terms forits rescue plans with its lenders and was deciding if it could place its RMDKwikform unit in a separate holding company owned by the lenders. urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nL3N1YQ2QR
* RPC: RPC Group PlcRPC.L on Friday yet again pushed the deadline bywhich Apollo Global ManagementAPO.N must make a firm offer to buy theLondon-listed plastics packaging firm or walk away. urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nL3N1YQ2RJ
* GOLD: Gold prices steadied on Friday, holding firm near a six-month highstruck in the previous session, as the dollar remained under pressure due to asubdued outlook towards U.S. interest rates and the economy, and investorsshunned risky assets. urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nL3N1YQ1XN
* OIL: Oil prices climbed on Friday after tumbling 5 percent in the lastsession, with OPEC production cuts that start next month seen being deeper thenpreviously expected. urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nL3N1YQ0BB
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.8 percent lower on Thursday, after theU.S. Federal Reserve bank dampened hopes for a milder policy outlook and oilresumed its slide. urn:newsml:reuters.com:*:nL8N1YP1RX
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=livemarkets
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial TimesPRESS/FT
> Other business headlines PRESS/GB (Reporting by Samantha Machado in Bengaluru) ((Samantha.email@example.com; Within UK +44 20 7542 1810; Outside UK+918067499956; Reuters Messaging: Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org))
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.