UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 16
(Adds company news items and futures.)
April 16 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures . FFIc1 were up 0.18percent at 7,392.5 points ahead of the cash market open.
* ASHMORE: Emerging market-focused asset manager Ashmore ASHM.L on Tuesdayposted an 11.2 percent increase in assets under management, boosted by newclient money and market gains.
* JD SPORTS FASHION: JD Sports Fashion PlcJD.L reportedbetter-than-expected full-year earnings on Tuesday, benefiting from an expansionpush in a tough retail environment at home.
* CARD FACTORY: Greetings card retailer Card Factory PlcCARDC.L reportedlower full-year core earnings on Tuesday as it struggled to cope with highercosts, lower traffic and weak demand for its personalised gifting service.
* G4S: Britain's G4S GFS.L , which has been subject to takeover interestfrom Canada's Garda World Security, said on Tuesday it had made good progress ina review to separate its cash business and reported higher first-quarterrevenue.
* FINABLR: United Arab Emirates-based payments and foreign exchange companyFinablr plans to proceed with an initial public offer on the London StockExchange, a week after the company revealed that it was considering one.
* GOLD: Gold slipped for a fourth straight session on Tuesday as investorsretained their risk appetite following optimism over the U.S.-China trade talksand preferred to stick with stocks despite dismal quarterly results from WallStreet.
* OIL: Oil prices edged down on Tuesday after comments from a Russianminister on the country and OPEC possibly boosting crude output, kept a check onits recent rally driven by tighter global production.
* The UK blue chip index ended a lacklustre session about flat on Monday asa dip in miners and oil majors offset gains in bank stocks.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial TimesPRESS/FT
> Other business headlines PRESS/GB Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for:
* For Top News : http://topnews.reuters.com (Reporting by Pushkala Aripaka and Samantha Machado in Bengaluru) ((Pushkala.A@thomsonreuters.com; within UK: +44 20 7542 1810, outside UK: +9180 6749 6633 ; Reuters Messaging: Pushkala.A.email@example.com;Twitter: @pushkala_a))
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.