Adds futures, news items
Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 5 points lower at 6,286 on Monday, according to financial bookmakers, with futures FFIc1 almost flat ahead of cash markets open.
* GSK: Britain's GSK GSK.L said it would invest 130 million pounds ($163.14 million) to buy a 10% stake in Germany's CureVac.
* STHREE: British recruiting firm SThree Plc STEMS.L said its first-half profit nearly halved, as coronavirus lockdowns slowed hiring globally.
* COVID-19 VACCINE: Britain has signed deals to secure 90 million doses of two possible COVID-19 vaccines from the Pfizer Inc PFE.N and BioNTech 22UAy.F alliance and French group Valneva VLS.PA.
* OIL: Oil prices fell on Monday, unnerved by the prospect that a recovery in fuel demand could be derailed by a rise in the pace of coronavirus infections around the world.
* GOLD: Gold prices edged lower on Monday due to a stronger U.S. dollar, but worries over surging coronavirus cases and its impact on the global economy kept the safe-haven metal above the psychological level of $1,800 per ounce.
* The UK blue-chip index .FTSE ended up 0.6% on Friday, bolstered chiefly by AstraZeneca AZN.L amid anticipation of a deal with Russia to manufacture a COVID-19 vaccine being developed by the drugmaker and Oxford University.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
TODAY'S UK PAPERS > Financial Times PRESS/FT > Other business headlines PRESS/GB
($1 = 0.7969 pounds)
(Reporting by Samantha Machado and Tapanjana Rudra in Bengaluru; Editing by Krishna Chandra Eluri and Vinay Dwivedi)
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
Latest Markets Videos
- White House says Walmart, FedEx, UPS to work 24/7 to ease supply bottlenecks for holiday season
- Chinese online brokers Futu and UP Fintech face regulatory risks - People's Daily website
- September, Third Quarter 2021 Review and Outlook
- PRECIOUS-Gold eases as inflation data fans policy tightening bets