UK Stocks-Factors to watch
July 5 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE index is seen opening 2 points lower at 7,602 on Friday, according to financial bookmakers.
* ENERGEAN: Israel-focused Energean ENOG.L has agreed to buy the oil and gas division of Italian energy company Edison EDNn.MI for up to $850 million.
* GLENCORE: Congolese security forces evicted thousands of illegal miners from a copper and cobalt mine run by Glencore GLEN.L on Thursday, sparking angry protests outside the governor's office and looting of shops, local activists said.
* GOLD: Gold prices edged higher on Friday and were on track for a seventh consecutive weekly gain, as investors awaited U.S. employment data that could influence expectations about aggressive policy easing by the Federal Reserve.
* OIL: Crude oil prices fell on Friday as concerns over the outlook for global economic growth outweighed elevated tensions in the Middle East that could disrupt supply routes and send prices higher.
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.1% lower on Thursday, while shares of IAG and Coca Cola HBC slid as they traded ex-dividend, though several investors stayed on the sidelines during the U.S. market holiday.
* For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on: LIVE/
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
HY trading update
International Consolidated Airlines Group
June Traffic Statistics
TODAY'S UK PAPERS > Financial Times PRESS/FT > Other business headlines PRESS/GB
(Reporting by Samantha Machado in Bengaluru)
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.