* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 1.04 percent to
* Leading the index were BlackBerry
Ltd , up 6.4%, Aritzia Inc , up 6.3%,
and Silvercrest Metals Inc , higher by 5.3%.
* Lagging shares were Westshore Terminals Investment
Corp , down 11.0%, Seven Generations Energy Ltd
, down 5.2%, and Whitecap Resources Inc , lower
* On the TSX 135 issues rose and 82 fell as a 1.6-to-1 ratio
favored advancers. There were 2 new highs and no new lows, with
total volume of 172.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were B2gold
Corp , Kinross Gold Corp and Royal Bank Of Canada
* The TSX's energy group fell 1.88 points, or 2.2%,
while the financials sector climbed 4.75 points,
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.14%, or
$0.06, to $43.41 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.33%, or
$0.15, to $45.71 [O/R]
* The TSX is off 1.6% for the year.
Keywords: CANADA STOCKS/
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.