TSX rises 0.49 percent to 16,480.53
* The Toronto Stock Exchange'sS&P/TSX rose 81.06 points, or 0.49 percent, to 16,480.53.
* Leading the index were Canopy Growth Corp , up 5.4 percent, Encana Corp , up 5.3 percent, and Crescent Point Energy Corp , higher by 5.2 percent.
* Lagging shares were Bausch Health Companies Inc , down 4.8 percent, Torex Gold Resources Inc , down 3.9 percent, and MAG Silver Corp , lower by 3.8 percent.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp , Crescent Point Energy Corp and Baytex Energy Corp .
* The TSX's energy group rose 1.54 points, or 1.0 percent, while the financials sector climbed 1.99 points, or 0.7 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.36 percent, or $0.23, to $63.81 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.99 percent, or $0.7, to $71.53 O/R
* The TSX is up 15.1 percent for the year.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.