TSX rises 0.49 percent to 16,480.53
* The Toronto Stock Exchange'sS&P/TSX rose 81.06 points, or 0.49 percent, to 16,480.53.
* Leading the index were Canopy Growth Corp , up 5.4 percent, Encana Corp , up 5.3 percent, and Crescent Point Energy Corp , higher by 5.2 percent.
* Lagging shares were Bausch Health Companies Inc , down 4.8 percent, Torex Gold Resources Inc , down 3.9 percent, and MAG Silver Corp , lower by 3.8 percent.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp , Crescent Point Energy Corp and Baytex Energy Corp .
* The TSX's energy group rose 1.54 points, or 1.0 percent, while the financials sector climbed 1.99 points, or 0.7 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.36 percent, or $0.23, to $63.81 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.99 percent, or $0.7, to $71.53 O/R
* The TSX is up 15.1 percent for the year.