TSX rises 0.41 percent to 16,612.81
* The Toronto Stock Exchange'sS&P/TSX rose 68.57 points, or 0.41 percent, to 16,612.81.
* Leading the index were Ero Copper Corp , up 10.5 percent, Canopy Growth Corp , up 4.4 percent, and Martinrea International Inc , higher by 3.7 percent.
* Lagging shares were Hudbay Minerals Inc , down 4.0 percent, Kinross Gold Corp , down 3.3 percent, and Fortuna Silver Mines Inc , lower by 3.3 percent.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Hexo Corp and Aphria Inc .
* The TSX's energy group rose 0.09 points, or 0.1 percent, while the financials sector climbed 1.31 points, or 0.4 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.39 percent, or $0.25, to $64.01 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.47 percent, or $0.34, to $71.96 O/R
* The TSX is up 16 percent for the year.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.