TSX rises 0.45 percent to 16,611.14
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.45 percent to 16,611.14
* Leading the index were BlackBerry Ltd BB.TO, up 5.5 percent, OceanaGold Corp OGC.TO, up 4.9 percent, and SNC-Lavalin Group Inc SNC.TO, higher by 4.5 percent.
* Lagging shares were Gran Tierra Energy Inc GTE.TO, down 2.4 percent, Pason Systems Inc PSI.TO, down 2.4 percent, and Enerflex Ltd EFX.TO, lower by 2.2 percent.
* On the TSX 137 issues rose and 95 fell as a 1.4-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 5 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 218.5 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp ECA.TO, Bombardier Inc BBDb.TO and Crescent Point Energy Corp CPG.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN fell 0.01 points, or 0.0 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 2.51 points, or 0.8 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 2.37 percent, or $1.36, to $56.04 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 2.07 percent, or $1.29, to $61.09 O/R
* The TSX is up 16 percent for the year.