TSX rises 0.39 percent to 16,301.91
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX .GSPTSE rose 62.65 points, or 0.39 percent, to 16,301.91.
* Leading the index were Norbord Inc OSB.TO, up 9.2 percent, North West Company Inc NWC.TO, up 4.8 percent, and West Fraser Timber Co Ltd WFT.TO, higher by 3.6 percent.
* Lagging shares were New Gold Inc NGD.TO, down 8.6 percent, Encana Corp ECA.TO, down 5.0 percent, and Cronos Group Inc CRON.TO, lower by 4.9 percent.
* On the TSX 140 issues rose and 97 fell as a 1.4-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 20 new highs and 7 new lows, with total volume of 169.9 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp ECA.TO, Manulife Financial Corp MFC.TO and Barrick Gold Corp ABX.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN fell 0.56 points, or 0.4 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 1.82 points, or 0.6 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 rose 0.44 percent, or $0.23, to $52.51 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 rose 1.19 percent, or $0.73, to $62.04 O/R
* The TSX is up 13.8 percent for the year.