TSX rises 0.38 percent to 16,098.79
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.38 percent to 16,098.79
* Leading the index were Bombardier Inc BBDb.TO, up 5.7 percent, Shopify Inc SHOP.TO, up 3.1 percent, and Gran Tierra Energy Inc GTE.TO, higher by 2.5 percent.
* Lagging shares were CannTrust Holdings Inc TRST.TO, down 4.4 percent, Cascades Inc CAS.TO, down 4.2 percent, and Nexgen Energy Ltd NXE.TO, lower by 3.8 percent.
* On the TSX 125 issues rose and 108 fell as a 1.2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 13 new highs and 20 new lows, with total volume of 167.7 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc BBDb.TO, B2gold Corp BTO.TO and Encana Corp ECA.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN rose 0.27 points, or 0.2 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 1.28 points, or 0.4 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 0.66 percent, or $0.36, to $53.81 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 0.81 percent, or $0.48, to $58.86 O/R
* The TSX is up 12.4 percent for the year.
Other TopicsUS Markets
- EXCLUSIVE-Leonardo hack targeted military plane details, arrest warrant shows
- EXCLUSIVE-SoFi to go public through merger with Palihapitiya-backed SPAC
- REUTERS NEXT-AirAsia Group "joined at hip" with Airbus despite cancellations
- BUZZ-U.S. STOCKS ON THE MOVE-Lion Group, Newell Brands, Sensata Technologies