TSX rises 0.36 percent to 16,369.03
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.36 percent to 16,369.03
* Leading the index were Aurora Cannabis Inc ACB.TO, up 8.1 percent, Canopy Growth Corp WEED.TO, up 6.2 percent, and Shopify Inc SHOP.TO, higher by 5.2 percent.
* Lagging shares were Linamar Corp LNR.TO, down 10.3 percent, Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd TRQ.TO, down 6.2 percent, and Secure Energy Services Inc SES.TO, lower by 4.2 percent.
* On the TSX 144 issues rose and 82 fell as a 1.8-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 4 new highs and 10 new lows, with total volume of 237.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp ECA.TO, Aurora Cannabis Inc ACB.TO and Toronto-dominion Bank TD.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN rose 0.49 points, or 0.4 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 0.34 points, or 0.1 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 0.61 percent, or $0.32, to $52.32 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 0.12 percent, or $0.07, to $57.62 O/R
* The TSX is up 14.3 percent for the year.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.