TSX rises 0.32 percent to 16,353.45
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX .GSPTSE rose 51.54 points, or 0.32 percent, to 16,353.45.
* Leading the index were Alacer Gold Corp ASR.TO, up 10.2 percent, Bombardier Inc BBDb.TO, up 10.1 percent, and Enerplus Corp ERF.TO, higher by 6.6 percent.
* Lagging shares were MEG Energy Corp MEG.TO, down 3.0 percent, Whitecap Resources Inc WCP.TO, down 2.9 percent, and TransAlta Corp TA.TO, lower by 2.6 percent.
* On the TSX 167 issues rose and 73 fell as a 2.3-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 20 new highs and 7 new lows, with total volume of 185.0 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Whitecap Resources Inc WCP.TO, Bombardier Inc BBDb.TO and Enbridge Inc ENB.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN rose 2.01 points, or 1.5 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 0.18 points, or 0.1 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 1.07 percent, or $0.56, to $51.95 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 1.56 percent, or $0.97, to $61.04 O/R
* The TSX is up 14.2 percent for the year.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.