TSX rises 0.26 percent to 16,537.34
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.26 percent to 16,537.34
* Leading the index were SNC-Lavalin Group Inc SNC.TO, up 12.4 percent, Hudbay Minerals Inc HBM.TO, up 6.9 percent, and Secure Energy Services Inc SES.TO, higher by 6.3 percent.
* Lagging shares were Shopify Inc SHOP.TO, down 6.2 percent, Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd KL.TO, down 5.2 percent, and Restaurant Brands International Inc QSR.TO, lower by 4.2 percent.
* On the TSX 134 issues rose and 100 fell as a 1.3-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 3 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 230.6 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc BBDb.TO, Encana Corp ECA.TO and Royal Bank Of Canada RY.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN rose 3.02 points, or 2.3 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 2.21 points, or 0.7 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 0.55 percent, or $0.32, to $57.53 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 0.24 percent, or $0.15, to $62.44 O/R
* The TSX is up 15.5 percent for the year.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.