TSX rises 0.15 percent to 16,426.47
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX .GSPTSE rose 24.72 points, or 0.15 percent, to 16,426.47.
* Leading the index were Premium Brands Holdings Corp PBH.TO, up 8.6 percent, Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc IAG.TO, up 5 percent, and Cronos Group Inc CRON.TO, higher by 4.2 percent.
* Lagging shares were New Gold Inc NGD.TO, down 10.0 percent, First Quantum Minerals Ltd FM.TO, down 7.2 percent, and Yamana Gold Inc YRI.TO, lower by 4.4 percent.
* On the TSX 133 issues rose and 101 fell as a 1.3-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 15 new highs and 11 new lows, with total volume of 217.7 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Manulife Financial Corp MFC.TO, Enbridge Inc ENB.TO and Bombardier Inc BBDb.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN rose 1.07 points, or 0.7 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 1.66 points, or 0.6 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 0.13 percent, or $0.08, to $63.02 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 rose 0.29 percent, or $0.21, to $72.18 O/R
* The TSX is up 14.7 percent for the year.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.