TSX rises 0.15 percent to 16,426.47
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX .GSPTSE rose 24.72 points, or 0.15 percent, to 16,426.47.
* Leading the index were Premium Brands Holdings Corp PBH.TO, up 8.6 percent, Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc IAG.TO, up 5 percent, and Cronos Group Inc CRON.TO, higher by 4.2 percent.
* Lagging shares were New Gold Inc NGD.TO, down 10.0 percent, First Quantum Minerals Ltd FM.TO, down 7.2 percent, and Yamana Gold Inc YRI.TO, lower by 4.4 percent.
* On the TSX 133 issues rose and 101 fell as a 1.3-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 15 new highs and 11 new lows, with total volume of 217.7 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Manulife Financial Corp MFC.TO, Enbridge Inc ENB.TO and Bombardier Inc BBDb.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN rose 1.07 points, or 0.7 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS climbed 1.66 points, or 0.6 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 0.13 percent, or $0.08, to $63.02 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 rose 0.29 percent, or $0.21, to $72.18 O/R
* The TSX is up 14.7 percent for the year.