* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 1.86 percent to 16,045.94
* Leading the index were Eldorado Gold Corp ELD.TO, up 6.4 percent, NovaGold Resources Inc NG.TO, up 4.2 percent, and Chemtrade Logistics Income Fund CHE_u.TO, higher by 4 percent.
* Lagging shares were Kelt Exploration Ltd KEL.TO, down 12.0 percent, Baytex Energy Corp BTE.TO, down 8.6 percent, and Crescent Point Energy Corp CPG.TO, lower by 8.4 percent.
* On the TSX 33 issues rose and 202 fell as a 0.2-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 7 new highs and 27 new lows, with total volume of 235.2 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Manulife Financial Corp MFC.TO, B2gold Corp BTO.TO and Barrick Gold Corp ABX.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN fell 4.34 points, or 3.4 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 5.76 points, or 1.9 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 3.56 percent, or $2.03, to $55.07 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 3.38 percent, or $2.07, to $59.23 O/R
* The TSX is up 12 percent for the year.