TSX falls 1.00 percent to 16,164.61
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX .GSPTSE fell 162.74 points, or 1.00 percent, to 16,164.61.
* Leading the index were FirstService Corp FSV.TO, up 9.0 percent, Iamgold Corp IMG.TO, up 2.5 percent, and SSR Mining Inc SSRM.TO, higher by 2.4 percent.
* Lagging shares were MEG Energy Corp MEG.TO, down 9.9 percent, Kelt Exploration Ltd KEL.TO, down 8.8 percent, and Crescent Point Energy Corp CPG.TO, lower by 8.1 percent.
* On the TSX 67 issues rose and 172 fell as a 0.4-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 15 new highs and 19 new lows, with total volume of 243.2 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Encana Corp ECA.TO, First Quantum Minerals Ltd FM.TO and B2gold Corp BTO.TO.
* The TSX's energy group .SPTTEN fell 5.88 points, or 3.9 percent, while the financials sector .SPTTFS slipped 2.93 points, or 1.0 percent.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures CLc1 fell 5.39 percent, or $3.31, to $58.11 a barrel. Brent crude LCOc1 fell 4.34 percent, or $3.08, to $67.91 O/R
* The TSX is up 12.9 percent for the year.